Winter Farmhouse

Winter Farmhouse

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Sausage Making 101

If a friend in need is a friend indeed...What does that make a friend who raises a pig for you at their house, and does all the daily chores besides?  
A Very Good Friend Indeed!

After a local butcher shop did the really messy stuff, we got together one evening and started the great experiment.

We ground...



 We spiced

              and mixed
We sang...
And we stuffed!


The Tuscan, Country, and Chorizo Sausages turned out great!  The Chorizo is the best of all, and the friends?  Absolutely the best too!!


3 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! I have one boy who is a HUGE sausage fan, I think he would cheerfully move in with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the casings. Gross gross gross.

    I just don't think I could get past those. Even if I knew the intestines personally.

    Sausages are one food I have to enjoy without overthinking them. Because I just can't get past the casings!!

    What did you sing? "Isabelle Was a Pig"? "Pig in the Parlor"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've done this too, in the bakery, with a whole crowd. I think we should do it again.

    ReplyDelete