Winter Farmhouse

Winter Farmhouse

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Exploding pans and Dinner out.

Dinner was an adventure last night. 
Rick was stepping in the door from work as I was pulling ham steaks out of the oven.  He was just in time to witness the glass baking dish explode in my hands.  It. Literally. Exploded.  Glass went everywhere, including into every other dish I had ready to serve for dinner.  


Since we didn't want a side of glass with our dinner, either shards or powdered, thank-you-very-much,  Rick took us all out to Gritty's (a favorite local pub and microbrewery) for dinner.  So, on the bright side, we got to go out for dinner

        (although I have to recommend NOT cooking AND cleaning AND dining out all for the same meal),

and with the mess extending into the oven, I also got my oven cleaned (which I'd been putting off for some time).  And while cleaning out the oven, the realization dawned on me that I had actually scrubbed the kitchen floor AND cleaned the oven in a single week...

Watch out Martha Stewart!

And now, I'm getting rid of all my CorningWare.  This is their second attempt on my life, and I'm afraid I might not get away unscathed next time.

2 comments:

  1. Aaack! You need an extra dinner out, sans meal preparation, exploding glassware, and ensuing clean-up! You're right...dinner out with all of that other stuff is no retreat.

    You are not alone: http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news04/2006/03/pyrex_panic.html

    I'm glad it seems to be limited to the 9x13 pans (was this the size of the other explosion you had?). I have some vintage Pyrex that I loooove and would hate to abandon. The glass pans? Not so much.

    I am so glad someone wasn't seriously hurt. That is awful. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! I'll take it--another dinner out, that is. We saw the same thing online and then checked it out on snopes.com to verify it. Time to get some stainless steel pans!
    Honestly, I've been trying to find a minute to call you in the last couple of weeks...life is ridiculously crazy, but it'll happen soon, I have a good feeling! Miss you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete