Winter Farmhouse

Winter Farmhouse

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Well, it's been nearly two weeks now since we made the trip to take our oldest to University.  I won't deny that it was hard to drive away with only 4 kids in the back of the Suburban.
Somehow, four seems a much smaller number now that we're counting backwards than it did when we were counting up...
It's quite a journey--this parenting, homeschooling life of ours.  I think I've learned more from these kids than I've managed to teach them.  The younger ones might someday thank their older brother for being at the front of the line while I learned lessons in patience.  But somehow, he came out the other end expressing gratitude for having been homeschooled.


Not only surviving, but thriving...and maybe that's how this grace thing works.

5 comments:

  1. Which school, Kendra? I can't believe he's in college! He was just 14 last week, wasn't he? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, he was 14 yesterday, and 4 last week! He's at Crandall University in New Brunswick this year, applying to Maine Maritime Academy for next year. (he decided too late for this year that he wanted to go to MMA) I'm singing the "where did the time go?" refrain I've heard from parents everywhere! I've become a cliche!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our homeschooling journey has just begun and reading this post makes me look at the future with a smile :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time is flying along. Caleb turns 13 in the spring and I know before I realize it, we will be dropping him off at college somewhere too. May I say it really helps me to see moms you have homeschooled through high school come out on the other side and realize both mom and child survived?

    ReplyDelete
  5. "who" have homeschooled. Not "you". Dumb autocorrect.

    ReplyDelete